Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-Mailing an Acces Report (PDF FORMAT ?) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berny33

Programmer
Apr 20, 2001
CA
I want to send Access Reports by E-Mail (orders to suppliers) with the exact same graphics settings than i'm able to have on paper...

I use the commande line below :

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, stDocName, acFormatRTF, Recipient, , , "ORDER FROM [company name]", "Good day from " & Username & "...", True

The RTF format is superb but no graphics are going thru. HTML format is worst because it is almost impossible to align the fields and columns (no graphics either). So i was thinking of other possibles solutions. Does anyone knows if it would be possible to use about the same code but to change the document format to so PDF using ADOBE ACROBAT ?

NOTES: of course, orders are sent to the suppliers as an attachment.

Thanx in advance...

The best bet would be to use the Access Snapshot.
It is free from Microsoft. The end user would also need to have Snapshot installed to view the report.

If you really want to send your reports as PDF, you have to have Adobe Acrobat (the full version) installed. This would install the Distiller or the PDFWriter as printers. You would then direct your reports to print to one of these printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back