Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail notification when table has been updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

hathman23

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
US
Hello all, I am sort of new using Microsoft Access and Databases but know some various programming information. I currently have a data access page that goes into a table. I simply want an email sent to me when someone enters information into the data access page or updates the table whatever is easiest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the user is updating fields from a particular table on a form, then in a field's CHANGE property, enter the code:

DoCmd.SendObject (....)

You can read up on it in the Help file (I don't remember the syntax :p)

Thanks alot for your response but I guess my question is directed directly at the data access page. When the user inputs the information into the data access page I would like the information to go into the table and also be notified that the table was updated or just have the information sent to both locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back