Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbotz

MIS
Jun 23, 2003
US
Greetings, gurus. I have what should be a fairly simple problem to solve (but of course it's not, or I wouldn't be posting here.) I admin for a small company who just recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from IMail. I had to take a small vacation, and when I returned I found that the Exchange server had crashed and been replaced in my absence. The old server is still running, but Exchange is no longer functional. I am trying to retrieve my old message store, but since the Exchange Information Store service and the Exchange MTA Stacks services won't start, I can't use the migration tool to export messages to PSTs or the like. I really want to avoid having to reinstall and have a secondary exchange server, with non-matching user accounts added to my AD, but I will if I have to. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks.

-jbotz

jbotz - did you ever get a fix for this?

I needed some help on the process of migrating from IMAIL to exchage...is there a utility that can do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back