Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-Mail Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

1chicken

Programmer
Jun 11, 2003
US
Looking to merge each line of detail from 8.5 or 9 report into an e-mail. Each line of detail will include an e-mail address, subject line, etc.

Have a look at Ken Hamady's list of 3rd-party tools at:

A User Function Library (UFL) solution, such as the Outlook or SMTP UFLs by Chelsea Technologies:
or my CUT Light:
would require that you PREVIEW the report to invoke the e-mailing.

If you use the UFL approach, I suggest you create a parameter that allows you to control whether the relevant formulas would actually kick those e-mails. Otherwise, each Preview or Refresh would trigger the e-mails even when you don't want that to happen.

Another approach is to use a Report Manager tool such as my Visual CUT. This would allow you to schedule the processing and to construct the e-mail content by dragging & dropping fields/formulas from the report into the e-mail From/To/cc/bcc/Subject/Body options.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back