Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail Disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin5922

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
GB
I am using Exchange 2000 and Outlook for my e-mailing. I would like to add a disclaimer automatically to the bottom of every outgoing e-mail.

I have tried the fix that is on the Microsoft site, but this does not work for outgoing SMTP mail using a MAPI client like Outlook.

Is there any other way to do this other than putting into everyone's signature block?

I have tried the two Microsoft Knowledge base articles, but they will not work with Outlook.

What third party software is available for this?

A very good one is at , and it has other nice features too, check it out, they even have a free trial.

On your problem part, Outlook has nothing to do with that, it is not in control nor has it any impact on the Disclaimer, that is handled by the SMTP part of the server, regardless of the emailclient you use.

I agree, GFI MailEssentials does a great job. The best part is that the disclaimer feature works even after the trial period expires. I have been using it for about 6 months and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back