Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichols

Technical User
May 24, 2001
GB
I have recently tried to configure my exchange 5.5 server with an e-mail disclaimer for internet e-mail. I have followed the instructions for installing Internet Mail Service Extension Imsext.dll from Microsoft support doc Q258206. This involves

copying imsext.dll file to \exchsrvr\connect\msexcimc\bin folder

at command prompt typing regsvr32 imsext.dll from the above directory. (this comes back with regsvr32 completed successfully)

editing the registry adding a REG_SZ value called NonRoutingExtensionDll in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameters path in this I have put the \exchsvrvr\Connect\msecimc\bin\imsext.dll path in the string value.

Then created a reg value in the above registry path called "Extension". However I do not know what to put in the string value for this value.

I have also created an entry in the same registry path as above called OutboundAppend with the text that I want to appear as the disclaimer in the string value started with

"OutboundAppend=par\par\bthen the text split up with\par when there is a line break and ended with\par\par\b0

can anyone see where I am going wrong. I have not set the routing tab in the internet mail connector to cusom routing and pointed it to the Internet Mail Extension because it disables routing. In our site we need routing because this interent mail connector delivers mail to more than one of our companies with different domains. Therefore to deliver mail to all the relevant Exchange servers within our Plc we need routing enabled. When I do use the custom routing all internet mail stops.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Nichols

I have paperwork on this - but not with me today!!!

Everything you say seems to make sense. A few things that looks wrong from your entry is ..

In the new registry entery NonRoutingExtensionDll you have a typo (\exchsvrvr\Connect\msecimc\bin\imsext.dll - no X in path msexcimc). Is this just a typo for this posting?

"Then created a reg value in the above registry path called "Extension". However I do not know what to put in the string value for this value." This is supposted to be a KEY not a VALUE (ie a folder, not a file)

"OutboundAppend=par\par\bthen the text split up with\par when there is a line break and ended with\par\par\b0". Should there be a leading \ after the =? . Additionally, this Value is added to the EXTENSION KEY that you did not have a value for

Also, what happens to the outgoing messages? Is there ANYTHING added to the bottom of the email? Garbage? Nothing?

Garty.

Also, remember to stop and start the IMS service if you make any changes to the registry values.

Garty

cheers for your help. Once I changed the extension to a key rather than a value and put the OutboundAppend in as a value of that key everything worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back