Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E-mail blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

spena77

MIS
Oct 22, 2003
US
How can I send an e-mail blast to 4000 clients from my Exchange server?

Are you looking to get into the SPAM business?

I have found that the best solution (for me anyway) is to use vbscript with CDO to send individualized email messages to a distribution list.

Using this method you have a personalized messge, only one recipient is on the to line which reduces the likelihood that the message will be trapped by spam filters and prevents your customers from learning each other's email.

You will find a posting of mine with the basic code needed to send the email in thread329-954674. What you would need to do is modify the script to read from Excel to get the email addresses of the clients you want to send email to.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

New email.
To: Yourself.
BCC: 4,000 email addresses.

Or mail merge using Word and Outlook with email addresses in Excel.

Only problem with the BCC of 4,000 users is that it will fail on many mail systems. For example if you have clients that use AOL, they will block that message.

A mail merge is certainly a good solution as well.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Thanks a lot guys for your input. The reason of the post was my marketing director will like to send a marketing letter to 4K of our clients using our mail server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back