Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e*Gate SRE client through Citrix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volleytime

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2002
US
Has any one published the e*Gate SRE client through Citrix?How about e*Gate 4.53?

Thanks.

Honestly, I really would not consider it. The application is much too memory/cpu intensive and it would bog down any windows machine. Not a good thing if users are trying to access that particular machine. I'm not sure about how it would work as a published app loaded on a separate machine. I would guess the result would be about the same. You may want to consider loading it on its own machine and using an rdp client to access it from citrix. For a test, try starting the guis and while they are loading, open your e-mail or some other client app. I think you'll find some serious lag. I'd be concerned that users would experience the same problem. Granted, it seems that the majority of the load is on gui startup, but I would still be cautious.

Also, be careful that you have java set up correctly (or disable network view in your GUIs). It will eat all cpu until it's killed.

Let us know if you decide to try it and how it worked.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back