Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E:/ drive, C:/ drive confusion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisktdesign

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
US
Thanks a million for the quick response.
I removed xp home, and installed xp pro on my laptop several months ago. Ironically, I was in a hurry, and when I realized after the fact that it had labeled the drive it loaded onto E:/, I did not reinstall it, I just went with it and loaded everything else including all of the work I done on it to E:/. (too much stuff.)
I downloaded a driver upgrade for my digital camera that I have had for some time, and it will not let me change the path of install from C:/.
I called the manufacturer, and none of the techs are programers.
Any ideas?
Thanks again,
KCK

Try searching for your camera in the Registry and see if you can pick up any entry that is indicating the install path.

How many partitions do you have? Where is the software of the Camera installed? Do you have a C Drive?

Is your Camera listed in Device Manager? It should have options in its Properties for you to update the driver where you can select the location of any update.

Duplicate thread.

my drive is e:/, cannot load stuff set for c:/
thread779-614208

>>my drive is e:/, cannot load stuff set for c:/ <<<

You typed in a forward slash and it should be a backward slash like this: E:\ or C:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back