Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

e-Business Manager & Category Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

gener8or

Technical User
Mar 27, 2006
US
Is there anyone out there who has set up a category tree in the MAS e-business module who would be willing to talk to me directly? I'm having some problems deciding what is the best way to order the categories for efficient navigation.

I've got ± 3000 part numbers in a multitude of categories to make available in .Order & .Store.

Our VAR has no idea how the system should be set up, there are no classes that I can find near me and SAGE doesn't offer any real support.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as the documentation & support is somewhat lacking (if you can't say anything nice, say it quietly).

Thanks,
Bill

The easiest way to do this is by looking in your printed catalog and following that (if you have one).

I've usually recommended organizing categories with numbers since the system sorts in alphabetical order.

Example:

etc.

Dawn

Hi Bill,

We set ours up in a similar fashion, though our categories are mostly alpha. Regardless, leave room for growth so as you add more products you can insert them as needed.

Ann

Thanks for your input. As it turns out, the eBiz module is incapable of handling category trees in the way I need them to work. We are having a third party develop an e-commerce solution for us.

For simple category structures the eBiz module works fairly well, but when it's necessary to have items associated with multiple categories the process breaks down.

Thanks,
Bill

I'm not sure what your exact issue is, but with E-Biz an item can belong to more than one category.

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back