Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E&M trunk Card for radio interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

arabd250

Programmer
Nov 4, 2012
CA
Hi Guys
I am using E&M trunk card at work to have it function as radio/Telephone interface. I connected the input audio pair of the radio speaker to the Rx port (position 2 on the E&M trunk card pin outs). I programmed the Rout and the trunk on LD 16 and 14. Using ACOD, I am able to call the trunk and listen on the input audio from the radio speaker. However, I am not able to here my own voice or the output audio on the Tx (position 1 on the E&M trunk card pin out). I am testing the output audio by connecting an external speaker to the Tx port on the E&M trunk card (position 1 on the E&M trunk card pin out). I do not have to worry about the PPT as I have a separate push button to key the transmitter as I speak on the phone set. If I am able to acquire an output audio on position 1 of the trunk card, then I can conference some one else on the telephone and the person can transmit over the radio and receive the input audio from the radio speaker while I key the transmitter. I know this works at the other branch of my work place. Could you pleaseeeee test this and let me know if it worked for you. Thank you a lot.

you're not getting sf from the radio side.. so i assume you are using type a? four wire a and m uses 6 conductors.. you are missing a ground going back to the card..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What is sf? I am using 4 way type II trunking. Where does the ground tie to? There is the Rx and Tx pin out as well as the E and M pin out on each unit of the card. I just like to know How I wire my input and output Audio. I have the programming. I will post it next time in case I am not clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back