Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E&M Tie Line Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

estone4009

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
Background:
Connecting 2 Norstar MICS 4.0 over a shared data/voice connection
Using 2 Micom NetRunner 75E to split the voice and data at each end

Set to Type II 2 wire circuit.
Micom has these connections:
T,R,T1,R1,E,Sg,M,Sb

First question, Am I correct in saying that to test the setup of the micom equipment I can put a buttset on the tip and ring and then connect the E & Sg to get a local dial tone then I can connect the M & Sb to get a remote dial tone?

Is so that works perfect. Also both of those pairs have the correct voltages:
E & Sg -48v
M & Sb 36v

The problem is that if the above info is correct then I have something set wrong in one of the MICS systems. From Either local or remote when you dial the trunk access code you get access to that tie line, but it is only dead silence. No stuttered dial tone. So of course they time out or dissconnect suppervision. I have both trunks set to E&M and both are set to auto answer and answer with DISA. The only option I not sure about it Signal. It has there options. wink start, immediate, delay dial. Which option will I need or should it matter and do both systems have to be the same. Other than that I have not changed any other settings in either system.

I have been working on this setup for three days and I can't seem to get anything to work. Any help or suggestions would be very helpful. I have read past posts and have tried to understand E&M type II circuits.

Thanks,
Eric Stone
erics@thriftway.net

how is the router setup in regards to the digit dialed. The nortel wants to see a specific digit. I once tried to use a (.) for any digit on a cisco and it would not work. As soon as I changed the parameter all worked ok.

I'm sure you already set as e&m lines set to answer manually I so not believe the nortel will give you dial tone. When I did it it came from the router. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back