Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E&M interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi

I am currently working on a project that intends to utilise a MD110 for a dispatch and call-taking system. I am trying to determine the MD110’s capabilities to provide the required functionality. The system must allow operators to connect to radio channels and also allow the operator to join these channels in a conference such that all members of the conference will hear each other. All members of a conference is any dispatcher connected to a radio channel conferenced and all radio channels conferenced.

The radio channel interface is offsite and E1 links may be used as a bearer. The interface to the radio channels is a 4 wire plus E&M interface of may be an E1 interface with CAS on TS16. Is it possible to interface to these channels and provide the conferencing capability described.

Please bear in mind that the traffic on the channels is controlled by a press to talk from either the Dispatcher or the radio equipment. The E&M signalling at the interface will need to activated interpreted and activated as appropriate for the conferencing function.

If this may be achieved can you point me in the direction where I can find out more information about achieving this functionality

I hope this is clear
Regards
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back