Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamnic Headers in Reportnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

navshiv

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
US
Hello

Has anyone got dynamic column headers (for list report) to work in ReportNet? The report I am working on has the first 3 columns as the 3 periods for the previous quarter and I want these labelled with the period names autmomatically. Similarly with the next 3 periods, these are the periods for the current quarter that we are in.

Any ideas?

Hi! I've created a data item with the dynamic text (current month name plus some literals) in the tabular model and query. I used this data item as the "Report Expression" for the column header. Click on the column header(usually the column name from the model) and click on the ellipses next to Report Expression. Select the data item from the list of query items.

This has worked for me but there may be other methods.
HTH...jean

Ah yes of course. Sure I have come across that before but when you're faced with so many properties it can be a struggle to remember them all.

Many thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back