Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamips - Router Emulation Video Tutorials - Blindhog.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindhognet

Technical User
Apr 2, 2007
US
I have created a few video tutorials that demonstrate using Dynamips (Router emulation software). The tutorials help create a virtual network on your PC. Very helpful with creating a cheap lab.

Installation:

Basic T1 Configuration:

Virtual switch with Microsoft Loopback Adapter:

Enjoy!

Interesting, I'll play with this right now on Linux, thanks.

Dang, I don't have an ios image for a 2691, 3620, 3640, 3660, 3725, 3745, or 7206. ftp.cisco.com has none. Of course, I'm sure I could find images for all of them on p2p or something, but, as of late, I've been stuck on this idea of using "legal software."

helpdeskdan

I don't think that using IOS images downloaded from p2p for learning purposes is that much of a problem. It still illegal, but Cisco wants people to be familiar with their products. They might as well offer trial versions of IOS, just like MS does with Windows Server 2003.

fresh CCNA

Yeah, no kidding, you would think so! Unfortunately, it just isn't true if you ask Cisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back