Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamiclly shifting the feilds .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshaddesai

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
IN
Hi friends ...
my problem is that i have a report say for example two feilds in the following format

Name:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Address:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

now wht the client wants is tht the name can take either all the lines provided or can take only 1/2 lines ... so the address feild should move up accordingly in the report ... is this possible .... if yes .... plz help me out ....

First, right click on the field in the designer and select "format field". Then, on the "common" tab, ensure that "Can Grow" is checked. This allows the field to expand vertically. To accomodate the shrinking or growing of this field, based on the amount of data, you need to create two sections. Assuming your name and address fields are in the details section, you simply add another field below the details, so now you have a details a and details b. Place you name field at the bottom of the details a and the address field at the top of the details b. When the name field grows, it will push down it's section while not overlaping the address field. This will work with any section you need to put these fields in.

Let me know if it was what you needed.

hey thanx chris .... thts precisely wht i needed .... i will get back to u if i have any more problems with it ... but thanx for now ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back