Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamicaly altering HTML in asp.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetar

Programmer
Oct 16, 2003
US
Ok, here is my dilemma. I have just begun using asp.net with vb.net. I am getting used to working in the code behind module and separated html views. My problem is pretty simple, in my excpetion handling all I want to do is pop up an error message at the top of a table right under the first row of the table. I want the error to be displayed in its own row if/when an error occurs, but I dont want that row where the error will sit to exist and be shown unless an error occurs.

The way i have gone about this is to create a row on the table add the error Lable Controls I will use to display the error text and then make the controls Not Visible, but the row is still displayed.

So in all my question is how do I modify the html content while sticking to the idea of the code behind module??

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back