Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamically setting printer to print XSL sheet in landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody2002

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
GB
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

Within the software I use, we press a print icon that calls an XSL page that displays the necessary data. This then opens the print dialogue window as usual.

The problem I have is this particular page needs to be printed in landscape orientation, which means the user is forced to manually adjust the printer settings each time. I can't just adjust the default to print landscape because the printer is also used to print other documents in portrait format.

Is there any thing I can do that forces the printer to print landscape when this page is loaded? I've thought about simply rotating the data on the excel sheet by 90 degrees as a work around, but this would obviously affect the way the data appears on screen before it is printed.

Any help, pointers appreciated.

Cheers

W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back