Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamically generated HTML text boxes not enterable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfdutcher

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
US
I use a Python script to generate an HTML page containing a
row of text input boxes:
print'''<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;digs2&quot; size=&quot;2&quot; maxlength=&quot;2&quot; value=''' + '&quot;' + data[1][0] + '&quot;' + &quot;>&quot;'''
....this repeats for (7) boxes.......

They do not behave like a similar set coded in 'static' HTML...I 'set focus' upon form load, and it works in both cases O.K., but no entry can be made in a text box in the python generated form until it has been reached by using the 'tab' key (placing the cursor in the box will not allow any data entry, even though it is in the first position).
In the static page no such issue exists, as the data entry can start immediately after the page loads, in the first box (where the cursor is set). Likewise I can place the cursor in any box and start data entry....no need to 'tab' to it ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back