Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic XML page

Status
Not open for further replies.

onetomany

Programmer
May 15, 2000
US
I am an XML beginner so the answer to this may be simple.<br><br>I would like to dynamically generate an xml document from a database table.<br>for example I have a table Publisher with the fields PublisherID,PublisherName,City,State.<br>How do I go about Putting this into an XML document.<br>I understand&nbsp;&nbsp;some basics of XML like how to create a well formed XML document. I'm just not sure how to put the two together.<br>Do I just write the XML tags while looping through the table?<br>I am wanting to use this with ASP.

Use the DOM (Document Object Model) that comes with IE 5.0.&nbsp;&nbsp;The DLL name is MSXML.DLL, just set a reference to it, then instantiate it to work with it.&nbsp;&nbsp;There are quite a few examples out there.&nbsp;&nbsp;Just hit any search engine and look for &quot;XML&quot; and &quot;ASP&quot;. <p>Steve<br><a href=mailto:tribesaddict@swbell.net>tribesaddict@swbell.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back