Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamic xml datasource in CRXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyu

Programmer
Feb 8, 2005
US
Hi, guys, here is my problem. I already have a jsp website, now I want to generate some reports whose data are taken from my jsp website. (The database only has raw data, and after after complicated calculation, my jsp page shows the end metrics. I once tried to put all the calculation into stored procedure so that my report can be based on the stored procedures, and then found it too difficult and ugly,recursive program, so I guess it would be best if I could read the data directrly from my jsp page.)

I don't know how to do it yet, I noticed that CR can take xml as datasource. So I guess that I could let my jsp page put all the metrics into a xml file, and let CR read the file as datasource. The ideal scenario would be the following:

1.A report contains one parameter ID, and its datasource is something like 2. When a user chooses ID=17, then it calls report.jsp?id=17, the jsp file then run all the calculation logic and returns all the final numbers in a xml format.
3. My report reads the xml file.

Can anyone here tell me is this possible in CR? I am using CRXI, especially how to pass the parameter, or other work arounds that can get the similar result?

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back