Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic text in MC with a Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpark

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
GB
Posting new thread for this one...

I've spent hours and hours on this problem...

Check out the MX fla here:

Why does the dynamic text reset to the Default text ?

AND TRY THIS.... edit the symbol and turn the mask layer into a guide layer. The text is changed fine!???

I've embedded the font outline and set the x/y coords to whole numbers. AARRGGGGGHHHH.

Hi,

Here is how I see this :
- in your mc_text symbol select frame 1 in the timeline and write this in Actions
txt.text="enter your text here"

I hope this helps!

CamyBitz,
It's a bit more complicated than that as I am loading the text from an external file (at runtime - although i am looking for a tool to do this at buildtime). So this wont help.

But, I didnt think it could be the shape tween. I originally used a shape tween because I didnt want to convert the mask object to a symbol, but I realise I was being lazy. The swf may grow a couple of bytes, but i'm sure the CPU time required of the Motion tween would be less than that of a Shape tween. I will try this...

Thanks for the messages, dudes.

Works - thanks guys!
Till the next stupid question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back