Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishjain

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
IN
I developping a application using VB/Crystal Report. I have to generate dyanamic labels in a report. A single report may contains multiple lables. These labels are like address labels. I have to create these labels dynamically i.e. Everything fonts, fontsize, font color, Label size How many labels should come on a page will be decided by the user. Is there any work around??

Thanx in advance.

Regards
Ashish Jain

you cannot really do this totally dynamically. Rather you can create several label page senarios and let the user select which one they want to use.

This is done through the use of subsections in the detail or footer section (depending on how this is to be done)....each subsection would correspond to a particular label setup and be suppressed or unsuppressed depending on what the user selected.

Of course you would have to have a common database for all label types. Jim Broadbent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back