Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Parameters Wont Show as List After Conversion due to Missing Fields and SQL Query in Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

netchie

Technical User
Jun 5, 2013
US
Hi,

I am working on Crystal Report 2008. After converting the report template to the new version of CR and app, the Command field with SQL Query is not working properly anymore. Basically, the old version Parameters have the list of Auditor names and the Site as well. After the conversion to the new version, I clicked Refresh button, the Auditor and Site fields don't show as Dynamic parameter (as list) although the parameter itself shows as dynamic parameters but instead it's showing as blank fields. It seems that it's not pulling up the correct data table/fields.

The old version Command field has this SQl Query:

select person_relation.name as auditor
from login login
inner join person_relation person_relation
on login.person_rel_id = person_relation.id
inner join user_role user_role
on login.user_role_id = user_role.id
where user_role.name = 'Auditor'

Attached are the tables for old and new versions. Some of the fields don't exist to the new version anymore and I don't know how I'm going to fix the old SQL query. Can somebody please help me?

Thanks in advance.

netchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back