Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghnat

MIS
Apr 8, 2003
CA
I'm currently using Crystal Reports 10 with Enterprise 10/Express and was wondering if the scenario below was at all possible.

I have a simple report whereby a parameter field lists all customers in the regular drop down box. I initially built the parameter field using fields taken from a "Customer" table.

My problem is that the above "Customer" table changes with new additions and deletions. I subsequently have to modify all reports having this "Customer Parameter" field manually to add in the new Customers or take out the old ones. This process is very time consuming as my report list is now over 100.

Can a parameter field not take the values from an field in a table automatically and dynamically change with each addition and deletion from withn the table?

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Gary

Crystal Reports 11 will do what you are looking for. If you can't upgrade to that, I think you would be stuck doing the work yourself via the ReportDocument object and your own database calls. I just got finished doing that for a web app myself -- they didn't want to switch to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back