Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Parameter with large List of Values doesn't work in SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

reporting

Instructor
Dec 30, 2001
CA
One of our clients upgraded their software. We used to export the data from a Pervasive data format into Access and run their reports (CR XI) from the Access data extraction.

I had to use a Dynamic Parameter and the particular field had a huge choice of values. I found the CR article on creating the "LOV" registry key and adding MaxRowsetRecords. Using a value of 5000 in MaxRowsetRecords returned all the records to choose from (SAP KBase Article 1218588 - How to increase the number of values in a dynamic parameter list?)

After the upgrade, their database is now SQL Server 2008. The table & field structure changed significantly and I have been redoing the report for SQL Server (converting and mapping fields didn't work...).

When I add in the Dynamic Parameter described above, all I get is an empty parameter box with "Selected Values" at the top and two buttons: "Remove" and "Remove All" at the bottom. Ie CR is showing me the right hand box with no "Available Values" list on the left!

Any ideas on how to get this working properly?

Thanks very much,

John

John Marrett
Crystal Reports Trainer & Consultant
Maximizer CRM Trainer & Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back