Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic parameter value report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehanzebn

Programmer
May 28, 2001
Afternoon all,

I have to setup a report based on the dynamic parameter values and am not sure how it can be done?.

I have dynamic parameter ({product_desc}, the report should show prices according to whatever description has been selected from the dynamic parameter.

For example

Parameters
=============
Account Number:
Description: Supra, Supra KNT, Metal, Plastic, Rimless, Rimless KNT (multiple selection)

Report Layout
============
Account Number --- Account Name --- Supra - Supra KNT - Metal - Plastic - Rimless - Rimless KNT

(Where Supra to Rimless KNT options are chosen by Descriptive parameter value - if not chosen then report will only show account number and account name).

If however only Supra is selected then the report would look like this

Report Layout
============
Account Number --- Account Name ---Supra
00100100 --- Company Name --- £0.99

Any ideas how to achieve this kind of report? I have setup the report in a landscape so that we can fit as many description values as possible.

The report is Grouped by Account number, Account Name is brought from the field, Sales Price is a conditional running total based on the dynamic parameter but that does not seem to work if multiple values have been selected in the parameter.

I am not sure how to show multiple values based on the multiple parameter values onto the report.

Any help would be highly appereciated.

Regards

Jehanzeb
Crystal Reports 2008
Visual Studio 2008
Informix Database

I was trying to avoid crosstab as I am not sure if it will export the data into Excel properly after using it. Plus there are quite alot of limitations in Crosstab.

Saying that, I am trying it with Crosstab and will post the result soon.

Many thanks once again

regards

Jehanzeb
Crystal Reports 2008
Visual Studio 2008
Informix Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back