Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic parameter list not working after install latest merge module

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieBeattie

Programmer
Nov 29, 2002
GB
We are trying to run reports on machines which don't have Crystal installed after installing the latest RDC merge module for Crystal reports XI. Most reports run fine on these machines except ones with dynamic parameter lists. These get the error - Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values.'. Error source: prompt.dll Error code: ox8004380D
We have checked the BO knowledge base and installed any hot fixes that seem related (although I think these are already in the latest merge modules), but it still crashes.
I'm sure it must be related to different versions of a particular dll but don't know where to look.

Thanks for any help.
Bernie Beattie

Bernie,

We were having the same problems, and getting the same error, a few months ago and reported it. We were told that merge modules was missing a lot of files that needed to be copied to the client machine. On May 31 the update of merge modules came out and applying that fixed it for us. Have you tried applying the latest merge modules after all the latest fixes, just in case?

Susan

Hi,
Is that DLL (prompt.dll ) on the client machines?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Confirmed; I went through the same process as Susan.
You need the new Merge Modules.

Cheers,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi I am having this same problem but with a Citrix Presentaion Server 4.0/Win2003 and Crystal XI. I don't think it used merge modules. If so where would I put them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back