Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamic output file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsomani1

Programmer
Feb 25, 2008
US
I am trying to create a multiple with dynamic names in ssis

My scenario , is every morning i get a file through FTP , in a folder which is tab delimited file with a filename_todaysdate(010108). if i have more then 1 file i get the file name as filename_010108(todaysdate)_01,filename_010108(todaysdate)_02, filename_010108(todaysdate)_03 and so on.

what i am trying to derive is two things , one convert this file in to commadelimited file and the other file counts the number of rows and is suppose to write the counts in text file.

basically , the situation is the target file names are suppose to be dynamic , what i mean by dyanamic is it right todays date.

the first file basically rights test_total_010108(todaysdate).txt, second file should right test_count_010108(todays date).txt

then the source files move them to archived folders and ftp folders get empty.

Solution , i have so far is

i have created a control flow script task which basically reads the source file and then dataflow moves to destination folder , creates the file name which is dynamic and the second script task moves the file to archived folder.

i have achived that one so far,

the problem i am facing is on second task the row count.

i am stuck with source file multicasted , then split the destination txt file , but the second file txt file which is count does not write to the text file.

the other problem is how do i work with the dynamic name of count file and how do i link that with the source file and how does i tell the move script task that first count the rowns file name and create a file and then move the the source file.

i am very confused in the scenarior, i am very new to ssis , please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back