Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic LOV with Stored Procedure in SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rci

Technical User
Mar 30, 2001
US
In Crystal Reports XI, I'm using a Business View which calls a SQL Server stored procedure which has parameters. In the BV, I defined dynamic lists of values (LOVs) for some of the parameters to the stored procedure.

This works fine if I only select a single value from the drop down, but if I select more than one value, CR passes a NULL to the stored proc for that parm. I'm assuming that this is because Crystal puts multiple parm values into an array variable. I need CR to pass the values as a comma-separated string or something like that.

I thought of using a dummy main report to collect the parameters; create the comma separated strings and pass them to the subreport which calls the stored proc. I'd rather not go through the hassles of a subreport if I don't have to.

Any other ideas on how to handle this?

Thanks for any help offered!

rci

Hi
U will have to send values with separater like "," or any other char. and then make diff. values by separating the values from that sep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back