Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Locks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytrucker

Programmer
Aug 4, 2004
GB

After recently changing from MSSQL to MYSQL I have encountered a couple of problems.
Here is an sql statement used in a Dll which connects to MYSQL database. The query seems to fall down at the point of rs1.UPDATE does MYSQL not support this sort of structure, syntax?
I dont think it is to do with the dynamic locks as they are enabled and my database supports them (I think) although when running a test query it has struggled with adLockOptimistic but is fine with the other two.

rs1.open "select * from table where col_id='" & var & "' and col_1='" & var1 & "'", con, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
rs1!col_2 = stat
rs1.Update
rs1.Close

Any suggestions would be greatful.

Cheers LazyTrucker

I've been using oracle and mysql for about 12 years and I've had to worry about locking, maybe twice. Drop the lock directives completely, I'll bet you $378.27 that you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back