Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Local User not working as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

furyIII

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2003
US
Hi,

In Zenworks 3 when using the dynamic local user policy, my local user account is being deleted despite that Volatile User is not checked. The user then gets the default profile again next time he/she logs in.

What I am trying to accomplish is using the same profile no matter what user logs onto the workstation. I may want to change group membership on the profile, but as far as the desktop and installed apps go, I want the profile to be static.

According to what the dialog looks like, one would assume if you do not want to use netware credentials and you put a username in the nt username box, it should use that username and only delete the profile if the volatile user box is checked. The volatile user box is greyed out though when you uncheck use netware credentials.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can use wint/win2000 policy package in zenworks and assign users the appropriate profile. Also delete everything in the default user\desktop and default user\startmenu. When a user logs on he/she will get the profile from the all users folder.

If you are not using the Netware Credentials the User will always be volatile.

Only way to keep your profile is to use a roaming profile.

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back