Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

manj

Programmer
Sep 22, 2000
GB
Has anybody been able to create a dynamically populated layer. The effect I'm trying to create is to have a drop-down feature which has dynamic content but within a layer.

I'm more concerned with it working in IE than NN.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In allaire's taggallery there is a custom tag called CF_layer, maybe this will do what you want. It is encrypted though, but maybe it will help.
Good luck.

<webguru>iqof188</webguru>

Hey manj,

Is this what you're looking for? I don't do a lot of dhtml and such so let me know if this isn't the effect you want.

GJ

<a href=&quot;&quot; onmouseover=&quot;if (document.all) div1.style.visibility='visible'; else document.div1.visibility='visible'; return true;&quot;
onmouseout=&quot;if (document.all) div1.style.visibility='hidden'; else document.div1.visibility='hide'; return true;&quot;
> Graphic or link here</a>

<div id=&quot;div1&quot; style=&quot;position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 10px; visibility: hidden;&quot;>
<table><tr><td>
<cfoutput>#myDynamicContent#</cfoutput>
</td></tr></table>
</div>

Hi GunJack,

Thanks for the DHTML code - it works. Hopefully I can adapt this to my code. Cheers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back