Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Images in Bar Chart (Impromptu 7.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkordick

Programmer
Dec 1, 2001
US
I am writing a report to show monthly sales in the form of a bar chart. Each bar represents the sales of a specific product. How can I display the image of the product above or below each bar in the chart?

Thanks

See my response in thread401-246788. One new option is that as of Impromptu Series 7 MR1 you can now use JPG images as well as bitmaps.

Hope this helps,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

I have reviewed the thread and understand how picture frames work. But I was wondering on a bar chart, since I can't place a picture frame inside the chart frame itself, how I associate an image with specific bar. Do I have a frame of some kind directly below the chart frame and then do I have to know there are also six bars across and somehow build the frame below the knowing that there are six picture frames? If the bars are also dynamically sized to allow two or ten bars, how I would control how many picture frames to include.

Hope this clarifies what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

Place the chart frame and the picture frame both within a larger form frame. Then set the form frame to change based on the scope value that is the chart grouping value and (hopefully) the value that the picture should change by as well.

HTH,

Dave Griffin
The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back