Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic header information on invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDPerkins

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2014
US
I'm looking for some guidance or opinions on invoices.

We have a DBA which sells a limited set of our inventory, and we want invoices for customers of this DBA to reflect the DBA information instead of the main company information. Every customer of this DBA will be a specific customer type, so I am thinking that based on the customer type, via Crystal I can change which Page header (or information in the Page header) is displayed on macoeinvfrm.rpt.

Has anyone tried this, or does anyone know if there is a better way to do this?

Yes, add additional page header sections as needed to accommodate the DBA. You can even add the logos. Then conditionally suppress or display the old and new page header sections based on customer type. Customer type may not be in the set of fields currently passed to the macoeinvfrm.rpt, but you can add the arcusfil_sql view to the report and get to that piece of data.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Macola 10, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.
Check out our Macola tools:

Don, Thanks for your reply. I did exactly that. I joined arcusfile_sql to the report via cus_no, added a page header, and wrote a suppression formula in the header if the customer type is not of a specific type. I haven't tested because I have been away from the office, but will be doing the same to quotes, then testing them all out.

Thanks again for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back