Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Grouping in VBA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSNewey

Programmer
Jun 29, 2005
GB
Hi

Is it possible to set which field a report is grouped on in the report module code?

I have a report generator form which the user selects various filters to view a report of Customers. I want to be able to set the grouping of the report based on the users filter selection. In other words, if the user has filtered by County, I want to group on town. If the user has filtered on Country, I want to group on County etc.

I have opened the reports module and in the Report_Open event cannot see in the intellisence options anything other than Me.GroupHeader(0) which I cannot assign the control source to.

If this is possible, I would also like a text box in the group header to display the appropriate value (ie the town name or county name etc)

Any help will be much appreciated.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back