Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

boab

Programmer
May 30, 2001
GB
Hi guys This is probably really simple but I am trying to change the formula in a a range of cells to total monthly figures

I have 12 columns + 11 buttons + 11 macros (Feb - Dec)

the first column is C and the last is N

THe buttons are intended to SUm the add to that point so changing the formula from =SUM(C27:N27) (the full year default) to =SUM(C27:F27) etc How do I go about looping through the cells in the range

The Start of wisdom is to realise you know nothing. I'll be a genius then!

Hi boab,

You have (or want) 11 formulae somewhere. Can't you just type them in? What are the buttons and macros for? Can you give a bit more detail - or tell me I'm being really thick, it wouldn't be the first time [smile]

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at [url=http://www.vbaexpress.

Hi,

You can easily do this without code in a Defined Named Range in Insert/Name/Define, with C27 selected.
[tt]
=SUM(Sheet1!$C$27:C$27)
[/tt]
If you named you range, SumValues, then use this formula in whatever row, columns C thru N
[tt]
=SumValues
[/tt]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] It's been reported that a wee psychic is roaming the countryside.
Small Medium @ Large! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back