Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Field Repetitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanksta

Technical User
Jun 28, 2002
US
Hi everyone, I have been trying to figure out this problem and just can't seem to get it right:

I have made a packaging slip form for my boss but we hit one snag. He would like a field that says "How many items are you shipping?" and from that number dynamically change the Product Id, Description, Qty, ect. to have the same number of repeating fields.

This would mean that fundamentally each record would have a different number of repeating fields ranging from 1 to around 15.

Question is, how do I do this?

Shanksta, not sure exactly what you mean by "number of items". Guessing that it means the number of different Product IDs.
If so, forget repeating fields. Use a separate (child) file of packing slip lines related to/from the main
Packing Slip file by PackingSlipNo. You can then have any number of items in one Packing Slip. (Hint. Print the Packing Slip from the new, child file.)
Come back if that is not enough to get you going.

Cheers,
Paul J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back