Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Dropdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendyowens

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
US
In Ultradev, I have a dropdown box that is dynamically created using data from a table.
I want to populate a textbox depending upon what I select from this dropdown box (this information will change depending upon what is selected from the dropdown box).
How do I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

well you have to do a onChange= this.form submit() or something like that to the drop down - which btw needs to be its own form.

Carry along through invisible values anything else in the form - but also prep them to accept values if they are received through the form( your refreshing the page basically) Which from that point can be its own form and submit in a regular fashion.

Having said all that - yes its do-able, but you gotta put your hand coding gloves on - no biggie we can help

BUT/OR

Do you need to display the value in another text box? or can you just insert it?
That'd be just one value - and a little hand code. "Never underestimate the power of determination"

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back