Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic DropDown list

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamaharn12

Programmer
May 9, 2008
DE
Hi there,

im working with webfocus not so long.
Now i have to create a dynamic dropdown list in webfocus.

when i select left box category1, then right box should give me the values for this object.

when i select left box category2, then right box should give me the values for this object.

drop1wk3.png

drop2ap6.png

can u give me examlpes or in which documentation i can look. i already searched but i cant find help for this example.

thx for ur help
brian

forget to mentioned, that i get the values from sql statement in the fex-file.

You need a 2-step-method. There are (as allways) several solutions:

1. solution:
First fill the first box using a SQL-statement. Then, when the user selects a value in the first box, trip a second SQL-request and fill the second box with the corresponding values.
This will trip 2 requests to your DB and might seem to be inefficient. However it is very efficient.

2. solution:
First fill both the boxes with the values. In your javascript (client-side) you can deside wether a value is to be shown or not.
This is more complex on the client-side. And you still need to execute 2 SQL-statements to your DB.

Frank van de Kant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back