Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic disk on laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifleman

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
GB
I'm doing MCSA on laptops 'cos I live in a VERY small cottage with no room for desktops. Is there a way of fooling W2K into thinking it's on a desktop instead of a laptop so I can do the practice with dynamic disks?

thanks

Gordon

As far as I know you can upgrade nay drive to Dynamic. Even a laptop drives. Have you tried upgrading the drive? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

this is very strange. I have two laptops. A Toshiba portege 7020 that had a 2GB Active partition and a 4GB NTFS partition with a clean install. In Disk management under Storage, when I right-click Disk0, there was NO option to upgrade to dynamic disk. My other laptop, a Tecra 9000 with 10GB partition and a clean install, when I right-clicked on Disk0, came up with "Upgrade to dynamic disk". I re-formatted the disk on the Portege to a single active partition and re-installed W2K. STILL no option to upgrade to dynamic disk. Any thoughts as to why both systems should be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back