Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Datawindow row count on parent button

Status
Not open for further replies.

analpatel2008

Programmer
Jul 21, 2014
US

My situation is as below:

We are using pfc in our application. What all I want to do it, when we click on button (Inherited from object - writing code on parent button object) it should capture row count from the data window which is exists on the same window.

I am storing window, data window and button name in database.

window name- w_emp

datawindow name - d_emp

button name - b_emp

so when user click on button, I am retrieving those data and check if it's same window, data window and button exists which I am looking for.

If it is YES then I want to get row count of data window on button clicked event.

BUT....

I don't want to use any hard coded logic for that like...

If windowname = 'w_emp' then
w_emp.d_emp.rowcount()
Elseif...
End if...

I want something like, where I can do the same thing with some line of code without doing if...else or case statement where I have to check for multiple conditions.

I am able to access window and data window name at button level.

[highlight #8AE234]string ls_window string ls_datawindow

datawindow ld_test

select window_name, datawindow_name into ls_window, ls_datawindow from table_name where button_name = 'b_emp';

ld_test.dataobject = parent.ls_datawindow // It is giving an error
[/highlight]

I want to get datawindow row count which is coming from database

Make sure that I want to do at parent level where I can get request from entire application whenever user clicks on button. so I need dynamic logic for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back