Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic creation of forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstasiak

MIS
Feb 8, 2007
US
OK I've got another one to throw at you guys.

I'm trying to design a patient registry to track treatments.

Here are the relations:

One patient can have multiple treatment regimens(or cycles). Each cycle ranges from 1-10 weeks, where a series of meds is given once a week.

Here's how I was thinking it would happen....I enter the number 6 in a 'CycleLength' field and hit enter. 6 identical forms or subforms open(all linked by a unique Medical record#) each with a space for a date, and space to dynamically add meds from another table.

I know how to create the tables and everything else. I just have no idea whether it's possible to take a number from a text box and have it open that many identical forms

And for the meds, I've seen forms that seem to have a table built into the form, where you can choose entries from a dropdown for the necessary fields and then drop down in the table to add a new record.

If I'm not making sense or not providing enough info, please let me know. This is the first database I'm building on my own with very little Access experience so I need major help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back