Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic colors on map

Status
Not open for further replies.

travs69

MIS
Dec 21, 2006
US
I'm looking for a way to take a base image (US State map) and to be able to color in certain states on demand (with out having to pre color in every possible combination).

Many moons ago I ran across a script that someone had written that would do exactly what I'm looking for. I'm 99% sure they used GD and they had done something strange were every state was white, but either every shade of what was slightly different or they had done some kind of index and they just flipped that one color and created a new image on the fly.

Any advice?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

If you did as you suggest and colour each state a different shade of white, you could could set the required state's colour to transparent and have a coloured background show through.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back