Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dynamic checkboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariebmk

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
US
I am using flash remoting to pull informatino from a database through a cold fusion component. The query I'm running returns a list of options that I need to make into pretty much a list of checkboxes that the user can check which options they want. Is there a way to do this through the actionscript? Or any other way? Thank you very much

Beth

Yes. What version of Flash are you using?

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

I'm using version 7 MX. Thank you for any help you can give!

I would convert the info received from CF into an array. Then just cycle through the array with a for...in statement.

Are you using the check box component or a check box you created?

I managed to get it to work using an array and the createClassObject command . .but now am having issues in that the file that I create all this in works fine. Unfortunately I'm display it through a scrollpane in another movie and for some reason all the checkboxes that I create and place nicely don't move themselves and all are at (0,0) Any ideas why this would be?

Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure I follow you... do you have a link so i could see the problem?

Unforunately I don't. This isn't up online yet and won't be for awhile (working on a whole new system) But I got it working using global variables, not sure why it is doing what it is doing still, but at least something is working

Awesome... I'm glad you found a solution. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back