Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Access Reports from an ASP app. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopper

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
US
I am trying to find a way to have MS Access reports available to users through my ASP web-app. Is there some way to either publish these reports in an ASP or HTML page so the server would pull fresh data every time the page is requested? Or is there a way to have the application spit out the report as a download-able file (in Word or PDF format)? How the users receive the data is not too important. My only requirements are that the report be dynamic so fresh data is pulled everytime the report is run, and it should be based on an existing Access report.
I'm using Access 2000 backend, and ASP (not .NET) front end.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Hopper

Here's what I used to do what you are describing, it works great! Just download and modify their ASP page with your database information and you will get a listing of reports in the MDB file (I put my mdb file in the same directory for quicker access). Users can select which report they would like to view and hit submit. The reports are actually created as snapshots (users will have to get the free snapshot viewer from Microsoft or install it from the Office 2000 cd, it's easy and very pretty) and displayed on the screen. The reports are also saved in the snapfiles directory so you can email them or save them as needed.

4Guys is a great web site for Access information and tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back