Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DXR V24 port cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoney64

Technical User
Oct 31, 2007
ZA
Hi All,

Is the DXR V24 port to the System Card pin outs the same as for the iSDX?
If not what are they please?

I can connect to the DXR via Telnet with a crossover but not via the V24 port

Cheers,
Stoney

DXR Port on the Maintenance panal are exacly the same as any DX, standard speed set is 9600 baud, sttings 8 n 1, but this can be altered.
If you can log on via telnet you can check this by typing LSPS A , this will list the speeds of all the ports, port 1 is the maintenance port, port 4 is the remote port (Modem/Telnet).

I hope this helps,

Mal.

Hi Mal,

Thank you for the promt response and useful feedback.
So if I connect my iSDX v24 port box berg cable directly onto the DXR System Card filter it should work?

Thank you,
Cheers.

Sorry, I can FTP to the PABX, not Telnet

I was assuming your system was fitted rack mount with all the panels fitted, if this was the case there would be a maintenance panel in the rack looking something like this:-

If you have not got a maintenance panel here is the discription and types of box and cables you can fit:-

Mal.

Hi Mal.
Thank you for the info. I don't have a maintenance panel but have set it up. as follow. DXR/System Card/Filter Card/V24 port box & cable.

There must be an issue with either the V24 Port box/cable or the maintenance port on the System card has blown.

Not sure how I will determine this yet as I have tried various System Cards but don't have a spare V24 port box.

Cheers,

Mal,

Could it be the System Filter Card thats faulty?

Cheers,

System Filter Card faulty, very unlikely. probably the wrong cable, or are you fitting the berg correctly in the right position, P1 P1-1, P1-2, P1-3, (as the drawing) also I have seen these plugs put in upside down.

FTP:-

If you can FTP to the switch and open the files, you should be able to Telnet, Procomm is the best program for this.

On FTP if you list the files in drive 0.0 one of them should be called database.ini, you can read this in text form, this will give you a statement of the system enviroment with what files it loads and also the port speeds which should read something like this:-

FPGA=0.0/fpga2009.a
DSPFILE=0.0/dsp0109.a
MUSICFILE=0.0/music02.a
SER1=9600
SER2=1200
SER3=9600
SER4=9600
CUST=3
CIL=2
REMOTE=4
IPACT=10.18.16.4,ffffff00
ETHACT=08:00:06:9E:d5:7a