Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dxdiag doesn't recognize my driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaviooooo

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
FR
Hey,

I'm having issues reinstalling FIFA14 and the EA helpdesk pointed me to an apparent video card issue:

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX.

If I run dxdiag, it shows the Card Name but no drivers are being detected?:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Manufacturer:
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0191&SUBSYS_039C10DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2019 MB
Dedicated Memory: 741 MB
Shared Memory: 1278 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP L1950 LCD Monitor
Driver Name:
Driver Version: ()
DDI Version: 10
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: , 0 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-42D1-11CF-337F-91231FC2C435}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0191
SubSys ID: 0x039C10DE
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Revision ID: 0x00A2

I downloaded the latest drivers several times, but dxdiag doesn't budge.

I can see the correct video card in the device manager and also downloaded a program GPU where you can see all information about the video card. It even shows the (correct) video driver there!

Any idea what could be wrong here and why dxdiag isn't showing all information?

My first question would be what version of DirectX are you running? I would try to reinstall 9.0c from Microsoft, Or the game itself may have a direct x installer on the disc. also check to see if you have .net framework 3.5 installed. You don't say what OS you are running, or type of system board, or manufacturer of the video card. A little more info may help.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running DirectX 11 apparently (as far as I can see in dxdiag)... didn't really find a way to "downgrade" to 9.0c?

My operating system in Vista. No idea about the system board though, where could I find this information?

The videocard is an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX, so I guess NVIDIE is the manufacturer?

Go to cpuid.com and download and install cpu-z, run it. on mainboard tab you will see who the manufacture and which model the motherboard is, along with bios version and date code installed, then go to graphics, you will see the manufacturer of the video card and the chipset of the card, and video memory. As to the directx version, you don't downgrade, they can both exist on the same machine at the same time. Just need to download it, and run the installer, it will install and leave dx11 alone. Might be a good idea to download and install dx11 again also. What about .Net framework? did you install that?

OK, directx 9.0c is also installed now, but no success yet.
.Net Framework is installed as well.

In CPU-Z I can see:

Mainboard
Manufacturer Dell Inc
Model 0P611C

BIOS
Brand Dell
Version A05
Date 01/03/2008

VideoCard
Manufacturer NVIDIA Corporation
Memory 900 Mhz

Chipset
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI SPP rev. A2
Southbridge NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI MCP rev. A3
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 4 GBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 333.4 MHz (4:5)
CAS# latency (CL) 5.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 5
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 5
Cycle Time (tRAS) 15
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 20
Command Rate (CR) 1T

looks like a dell xps 720. or same family anyways. hmmm, where did you get the drivers? from Dell, or Nvidia? because the dell site for this model is way out of date, also, you might want to look at updating the chipset drivers from Nvidia also. Then reinstall the game and try it.

I downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA (it scanned my PC for the correct drivers and installed)...

Did it update the drivers for the mainboard chipset which is made by nvidia also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back