Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DX 6.2 and Windows 2003 Enterprise Server w/16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbone100

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2003
US
I recently received a brand new IBM x3650 and had MS Windows 2003 Enterprise Server installed on it. I have the PAE enabled to allow the OS to take advantage of the 16GB of memory that was installed in the box.

I migrated my DX installation (Extended drives) from a more mature box with DX 6.2 installed to the new box. (The old box was a W2K box) The migration took over 2 weeks to do because of the millions of files on the extended drive. The x3650 was running fine all through out the migration without a problem. The migration was successful--File counts checked out. After starting up the DX service on the x3650 and putting the box into production I've been having strange things going on with the box. For instance--When using remote desktop to connect to the box the remote desktop connection would disappear for a split second and reappear (Where the IP address) and not even give me the log in screen or an error. Shortly after that the DX would begin producing errors:

DXRPC Create/Open Error! FilePath: \\REVENUE3\DEPTREV_FORMS\4\232\4432069.bin Description: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. Source: PHLEGATO05 Error: 0x5AA, 1450 Win32 Error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

The function of this box is just for the DX and nothing else! There are (2) 3.2 Xeon duel core processors--That show up as 8 and the box has 16GB of memory!!!

Is there a know problem with DX running on 2003 Enterprise Server with 16GB of memory? Was it even tested with this much memory or just 4GB???

Does anyone have any insight on what is going on???

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back