Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DW MX and buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

calista

Programmer
Jan 24, 2001
US
I have used Dreamweaver MX to add button for links on my site, but none of the graphics are suitable. How do I use my own graphics for the buttons? Where are the button graphic files so I can put my own there? Calista :-X
Jedi Knight,
Champion of the Force

jpg, png, and gif should work fine
also make sure your path to your buttons is good

I used the buttons that automatically add the rollover effect, and the file is called "button.swf". Where do they hide the file for the "stock" buttons that come with DW?But, I think I see what you mean, I can define my own path the the graphics file. Calista :-X
Jedi Knight,
Champion of the Force

You can use a graphic software to create customized buttons, like Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator or JASC or PaintShop Pro...
search on google.com for photoshop button tutorials...I custom make my buttons, with my own colors, text and styles... :) I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

If you want to make your own buttons and text graphics... Use illustrator and than import into photoshop. I have found that to be the most effective way.
I believe that Adobe shouyld make more plugins for illustrator rather than concentrating on Photoshop... They have to understand that some of us rather use illustrator than photoshop.

Just use the "insert nav bar" coomand under Insert>Interactive_Images>Navigation_Bar to set up a nav bar and produce buttons using your own GIFs or whatever

Just a quick note....

Sounds like the original question was how you would change those great custom "FLASH" button graphics. Unfortunately I have found that you must have Flash and Generator to produce those buttons from what I have read???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back